Tuna Veggie Kabobs
“This is such a quick and easy summer meal! My children love to help cut up the veggies and assemble the skewers," says Lynn Caruso of San Jose, California. "I serve it over brown rice cooked in low-salt chicken broth and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.”
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium green peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place tuna in a large resealable plastic bag; place the vegetables in another large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place half of the marinade in each bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread tuna and vegetables. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare or until fish is slightly pink in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.