Tuna Spinach Braid
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes10-12 appetizer or 4-6 main dish servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna, well drained and flaked
- 1 cup Daisy cream-style cottage cheese, well drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 slices (3 ounces) mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small bowl, combine spinach, tuna, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic; set aside.
- Unroll crescent roll dough onto waxed paper; do not separate dough. Press to seal seams and perforations. Cover with another piece of waxed paper. Roll dough to form a 14x10-in. rectangle.
- Transfer dough to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, discarding waxed paper. Spread filling down center of dough lengthwise in a 3-1/2-in. strip. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips almost to edge of filling. Starting at 1 end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; pinch ends to seal. Combine egg with water and brush over top. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Dec 10, 2012
Looked forward to making this dish, but was quite disappointed in the results. Something about the tuna and spinach combination just didn't work well together. Definitely won't be making this again.
May 9, 2010
Made this tonight. It is simple and quick-had everything on hand. My picky husband loved it. Wants to take leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Feb 10, 2010
No comment left
May 17, 2009
Would love to make this. However, I am a whole wheat person. What do you suggest. [email protected]
Jan 29, 2007
No comment left