Neighborhood squirrels will be envious when you serve these darling acorn-shaped chocolates. The nuts are a nice finishing touch that complements the almond extract in the rich truffles. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate candy coating (about 1/8 pound)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Slivered almonds
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Stir in cream cheese, water and extract until well blended. Chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape teaspoonfuls into slightly oblong balls with one flatter end; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In microwave or double boiler, melt candy coating. Dip the flat end of each acorn about 1/8 in. into the chocolate, then dip in chopped almonds. Insert a slivered almond into the top for a stem. Return to waxed paper to harden.
Editor's note: Candy coating, the product used for dipping chocolate, is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.