Tropical Ambrosia Dessert
This invigorating dessert from Marie Dietz of North Troy, Vermont combines citrus fruit, coconut, dates and nuts for a real taste of the tropics. You can skip the sugar and, if you like, add a little pineapple juice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pink grapefruit sections (about 1/2 medium grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup chopped orange segments
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- In two small serving dishes, layer the first six ingredients in the order listed; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.