Triple-Chocolate Peppermint Treats
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, melt white baking chips in a microwave; stir until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chips. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Frost cookies; sprinkle with peppermint candies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 99 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2017
I made these for my book group's cookie exchange and I think they were the tastiest ones. My mom thought so, too. I used all semi-sweet chocolate chips, instead of the other chocolate bar and white chocolate chips. Next time I would add some milk to the frosting to make it spread more easily. It was too pasty.
Jun 21, 2017
These minty chocolate cookies are awesome. I get my kids to help decorate them.
Jan 6, 2015
The flavor combination was great, but the cookies were a bit dry. Thankfully, the buttercream icing I used helped add some moisture. I may try them again next Christmas, but I will definitely decrease the flour, which should make them more moist.
Dec 20, 2014
These are the Christmas cookies everyone is going to remember and request every year!
Nov 16, 2014
These are my family's absolute favorite cookies! I do not frost them, I just make the cookie part and they are double chocolate peppermint cookies...YUM! I also just use the semi-sweet chips. I have made them for a cookie exchange and everyone loved them. They are the best.
Dec 11, 2013
These are easy to make and really good. I think next time I may add some peppermint extract to cookie mix for an even more minty taste
Feb 2, 2013
Made these at christmas, and words cannot describe how much we loved them!!! Making them for valentines day!! Thanks, Sherri :)
Jan 7, 2013
Our NEW Christmas favorite. Wonderful. Put a 1/4 tsp. of Peppermint flavoring in the frosting for an extra kick.
Dec 15, 2012
Love these. To make these easier to bake with my little kids, I skipped the frosting and added both Andes mint chips and Andes peppermint chips to the dough. They still looked Christmas-y with the green and pink chips!
Dec 3, 2012
Just made these after reading all the good reviews and they were GREAT! Everyone loved them.