“Trash Bag” Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 heads lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped or sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- Brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Cool. Toss with remaining ingredients in an extra-large resealable plastic bag or large container.
Mar 6, 2019
Most asked for recipe I have for Taco Salad.
Apr 29, 2014
I've done this salad for years but use Kraft Russian Dressing.
Apr 3, 2014
I've made one like this for years and then made this and liked it even more. Quick and wonderful
Mar 13, 2014
THAT IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD. I LOVE IT.
Feb 18, 2014
Wonderful Taco meal. Loved by our whole family.
Jul 1, 2013
This is a great recipe despite the unusual name! In our house we have always called in "Texas Salad". We make ours without the beef. This allows for vegetarians to have a hearty alternative. This also looks beautiful to just layer salad in glass bowl until time to eat then add chips and toss in the bowl. Thanks to the crunchy chips, kids keep returning for seconds!
Mar 27, 2012
We make this once a month, and it is so easy . . . always a hit with everyone! Thanks so much for sharing with us.Get real folks, "I think everyone realizes you should not use a real trash bag . . ."
Sep 2, 2011
we do this at the office. we put the cooked, seasoned meat, beans, onions, and tomatoes together. After using half one day, we were able to store overnight and use again the next day. we just added the chips and lettuce and dressing as needed. hmmm, bet you could freeze it that way, too!
Jul 28, 2011
As some people mentioned below, if you choose to toss the salad in a plastic bag, it should be a food-safe bag, such as a 2 gallon resealable bag. An actual trash bag should not be used due to possible chemicals on the bag.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Jul 25, 2011
how funny, two of us posted on this at the same time, a year later. A person has to learn somewhere, we aren't born knowing everything, regardless of what Socrates says...