Tortellini & Chicken Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chicken, onion, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, tomatoes, olives, tortellini and chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2-2/3 cups: 601 calories, 34g fat (9g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1539mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 10, 2020
This is a great salad in the summer and a perfect way to use leftover grilled chicken.
Aug 1, 2019
Loved this quick, cool summer salad. I used diced chicken I had previously cooked and froze (I always have a bag or two in the freezer!) to cut down on time. Will definitely make again. And again.
Jan 3, 2016
Delicious lunch salad! I added corn, peas, avocado, and carrot; and used Quorn meatless diced chicken instead of the chicken. Thank you, Lee, for sharing this recipe.
Aug 18, 2015
What are the nutritional facts?
Aug 9, 2015
FANTASTIC! A Salad everyone loves...
Jun 2, 2015
We love this salad as a one-dish meal. To add flavor, marinate the cooked tortellini in the Caesar salad dressing for an hour or so, then continue with Step 2 and 3. I give this 5 stars.
May 6, 2015
The salad was good, but it didn't blow me away. I made it exactly by the recipe. I think the dressing wasn't one that I cared for a whole lot....maybe another dressing would make me like it better. The dressing was what the entire salad tasted like - I couldn't taste the chicken. A great idea as far as all the ingredients in it- I think I could make it taste like 5 stars with some tweaking.
May 2, 2015
I feel so badly about this review. I wanted to love this and I couldn't. All the elements were good, but-and remember this is just one person's opinion-there were just too many elements combined. I think it's neither a cold pasta salad or a vegetable salad. It's just too confusing. If you make this take justmbeth's hint and cut the chicken into smaller pieces. My hint is that if you like olives in salad ditch the nasty canned ones and buy from an olive bar and slice yourself.
Apr 22, 2015
This salad was very good. I used the Purdue chicken shortcuts but I still added it in with the onion & garlic to heat it up & combine the flavors. I will definitely be adding this recipe to my recipe box.
Feb 26, 2015
We loved this salad. Next time I may add a bit more lettuce and cut the chicken into smaller pieces.