Tomatoes and Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each celery seed and pepper
- 5 medium tomatoes, cored
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a bowl, combine tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, celery, onion, pickle, pickle juice, salt, celery seed and pepper. Chill. Cut tomatoes, not quite through, into quarters; place on individual plates and spread apart. Spoon 1/2 cup salad into each. Garnish with bacon bits if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Sep 7, 2015
I have made this many times and it is absolutely delicious!!! I even made this recipe with shredded chicken and that is fantastic also. Love, love, love!!!
Aug 15, 2012
I made this today and left the mayo out. It was delicious and filled me up. What a great help for my outlook to "eat healthy".
Mar 4, 2010
I made this after working all day as a salad chef in our university's kitchen. I was so starving, and it only took 10 minutes. I followed the recipe exactly, except cut the mayo in half and added 1/4 cup honey mustard dressing. It was divinity. Filled me up real good too!! Will be making often!!!
Jul 27, 2009
No comment left