Tomato Pesto Tart
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie pastry. Roll into a 14x12-in. rectangle; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Flute edges; prick bottom with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; top with tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, pesto, pepper and remaining mozzarella until blended; spread over tomatoes. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 6, 2020
Perfect for the summer. Yummy!
Nov 30, 2018
This is absolutely delicious! I made my own pie crust using half Crisco and half butter, and I fit the crust into a pie plate rather than placing it on a baking sheet. Instead of two plum tomatoes, I used one large tomato on the vine. My husband and I enjoyed this for dinner with leftover turkey soup from Thanksgiving. Has anyone tried using light mayonnaise in this recipe? I don’t like the taste of the “fake” mayonnaise but I have some in my fridge and don’t want to waste it. I wonder if the flavors of the pesto, tomatoes, and cheese would drown out the inferior taste of the light mayo. At any rate, I will definitely make this tomato tart again and again!
Jul 15, 2013
Wonderful recipe! Thanks!!!
Jul 5, 2013
Made this for a 4th of July celebration and everyone loved it! Very easy and quick to make. Will make again and again.
Oct 13, 2012
Oct 13, 2012
This was very tasty. We used thin pizza crust rather than the pie pastry, and it came out beautifully.
Aug 6, 2012
This was wonderful...very tasty. My hubby told me I could make it again anytime!