Tomato Leek Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place both pastry sheets on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle each with provolone cheese, leaving 1 in. around edges. Arrange leeks and tomato slices over provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold edges over filling.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are lightly browned. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 280 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 30, 2014
I love this recipe, it is so light and fresh and a quick solution to dinner. I've begun to play around with the recipe and did a leek, potato combination instead of tomatoes once. Highly recommend!
Jul 26, 2012
No comment left
Dec 31, 2010
easy to make, my daughter enjoyed helping. Nice flavour, I let the tomatoes drain on paper towels for a half hour before putting it all together.