Tomato Cucumber Salad
When you need a salad in a snap, nothing can top this recipe. It nicely slices kitchen time without sacrificing quality! I like to make this dish a lot in summer, and my family never complains!—Margery Richmond, Lacombe, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch garlic salt
- In a serving bowl, layer half the tomatoes, all of the cucumber, then remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with onion. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad. Cover and chill for 25 minutes or until ready to serve.
Jul 23, 2015
Aug 7, 2012
This was excellent. I did not have any green onions so I had to leave that out. I had a small portion, and my husband finished it off, proclaiming it was great.
Oct 3, 2008
No comment left