Tomato Cheese Melt
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 onion bagel or English muffin, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- On each bagel or muffin half, sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper. Top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over each tomato.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 163 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 27, 2019
This was great. Nice quick meal especially for one or two people. The cayenne pepper was a bit too much for me so I would cut it back by half.
Jul 7, 2019
Delicious. I used whole wheat bread and omitted the pepper. It took 4 minutes to broil without burning. Will definitely have this again. Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 15, 2013
This is soooo tasty! My mom made this for us as a summer snack when we had so many extra tomatoes from the garden. We still use this in the summer w/ fresh basil and so yummy. Funny how tastes and smells bring back such delightful thoughts of days gone by!
Sep 15, 2011
I've made similar things before but on bread. The onion bagel added a great flavor!
May 13, 2009
Made this type for years only using sandwich bread, sliced cheese, tomato & parmesan cheese. Whatever bread type you prefer. Broil until cheese is bubbly. Delicious!
Aug 17, 2008
No comment left