Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf; press mixture through sieve and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in tomato mixture until smooth; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 171 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 8, 2013
No comment left
Jan 5, 2013
No comment left
Nov 12, 2011
Delicious,easy to make and family raved about the taste.
Nov 1, 2010
This was VERY good. I added 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan to the bisque and it was delicious. Next time I will know to double the recipe because I served 8 people this soup and there was barely enough to go around.
Nov 3, 2009
I used tomatoes from our garden and it was delicious! I will definitely be making it again!
Aug 20, 2008
I made this delicious recipe today using tomatoes from our family garden and milk from our dairy goats. Not only was it cost effective to feed our family of six children, but all of them loved it. (Next time I will double the batch!)