Toasted Ham Salad Sandwiches
"I'm always looking for easy recipes that are good and different," comments Margaret DeLong of Gainesville, Florida. "This delightful grilled sandwich definitely meets those requirements."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/3 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1-1/3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 16 slices bread
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Spread eight slices of bread with ham mixture (about 1/2 cup each). Top with cheese and the remaining bread. Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches. Cook on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.