Tiny Shortbread Tarts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry, cherry or strawberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 300° for 17-22 minutes or until set. Cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Spoon 1 teaspoon of pie filling into each tart.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 190 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 6, 2013
My family loves it when I make these. Have made them for catering also.
Dec 30, 2010
my granddaughter uses pie crust receipe and presses them into a mini tart pan. they are delicious and lower in fat and calories
Dec 27, 2009
These were delicious, HOWEVER, I made them the day before I served them and I filled them and refrigerated them. When I went to serve them they were very soft. I do want to try them again but this time fill them just before serving.
Oct 7, 2007
No comment left