Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) plus 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) pita bread (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, chilies, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder until smooth. Stir in chicken and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Split each pita into two circles. Spread 1/4 cup of chicken mixture on each circle; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes. Combine the cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack; sprinkle over circles. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 339 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Oct 11, 2018
delicious - i used cheddar cheese because i had it on hand and did omit the jalapeno, afraid it would be too hot - it was so good and did use tortilla chips - plus the pitas and it was awesome - none left
Jun 12, 2011
No comment left