Texas Turkey Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes10-12 servings (3 quarts)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 large white onions, halved
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup each frozen corn, cut green beans and peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, turkey, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil; add noodles. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 152 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Nov 28, 2010
My family hates leftovers. So, using up the leftover holiday Turkey is a challenge. This soup was wonderful. It was relatively quick and had a great flavor. Everyone ate seconds. I increased the carrots to 4 but otherwise followed the recipie. I will definitely make this again.
Oct 9, 2009
No comment left