Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 6 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 Muenster cheese slices (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper. Heat Texas toast on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef in batches over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer warmed Texas toast with spinach, steaks, mayonnaise mixture, cheese and tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 383 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 5, 2016
Quick and easy open-faced sandwiches. I served them with the Fresh Broccoli Salad from the same issue.
May 30, 2011
We LOVE these and they are very easy to make kid friendly by making a few without peppers. Going to try grilling the steaks tonight!
Sep 28, 2008
No comment left