Tex-Mex Rice and Bean Snack
"This zesty Southwestern-style dip, served with tortilla wedges, is perfect for tailgating and after-game parties...or for any fun occasion," says Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas. "If you're adventurous, you might want to add green chiles or hot peppers."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Cut each tortilla into six wedges; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray tortillas with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp; remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon over rice onto a serving platter. Top with turkey mixture, cheese and green onions. Arrange tortilla wedges around edge of platter.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.