Teriyaki Shish Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- For marinade, mix first five ingredients. Place beef and half of the marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and reserve remaining marinade. Refrigerate beef and marinade overnight.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread vegetables and, on separate skewers, thread beef with pineapple. Discard remaining marinade in bag. Grill, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender and beef reaches desired doneness, 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil, stirring occasionally; cook 1 minute. Remove vegetables, pineapple and beef from skewers before serving. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 306 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
May 23, 2019
Love the ease and flavor! Kabobs are so great because you can change the veggies, using what you have on hand. Made these just as the recipe stated and will make them again!
Oct 20, 2018
These were delicious! So flavorful! The sauce made from the marinade was easy and tasty. I made these for guests and they gobbled them up.
Jul 9, 2018
Haven't tried this yet, but it looks really good. What are the specific Guam seasonings in this? It seemed important to the recipe in the description.
Jul 4, 2017
Tasty and quick weeknight meal. Marinaded for an hour and pre cut veggies, pineapple to stream line.
Mar 31, 2017
I don't know how you guys make food look so beautiful. everything I attempt to do ends up looking very "strange" Q_Q. but than again, the only place I've actually done some cooking is in virtual world lol papas games http://papasgames.us/ cooking games site. so no surprise there.Still, i'm gonna go all out with this Teriyaki Shish Kabobs recipe lol and let u know the results. Thanks for teh amazing recipe.
Aug 19, 2016
Very good! I took away a star only because the ketchup flavor what quite strong in the sauce, more than I'd like. However, it was still a good dish and I'd still make it again!
Feb 8, 2015
made several times....
Sep 1, 2014
AN EASY,QUICK RECIPE.I USED BEEF,PORK,AND CHICKEN, PINEAPPLE,RED BELL PEPPER,VIDALIA ONIONS,CHERRY TOMATOES,AND WHOLE MUSHROOMS CUT IN HALF.JUST USE STORE BOUGHT TERYAKI SAUCE,MIXED GARLIC POWDER AND BLACK PEPPER.MARINATE ALL MEATS,IN A GAL.ZIP LOCK BAG,4 TO 5 HRS.PUT ON SKEWER STAGGERING MEAT N VEGGIES.I HAVE A STANDARD ROUND WEBBER GRILL.GRILL OVER INDIRECT HEAT FOR 30 TO 45 MIN.BRUSH MARINATE OVER KABOBS WHILE GRILLING EVERY SO OFTEN.ABSOLUTLY THE BOMB.A MOST DEFINATE TRY.EVERY ONE THAT ATE IT IS WANDERING WHEN IM GONNA DO IT AGAIN. THEY LOVED IT!
Sep 1, 2014
Sep 1, 2014
I USED,PORK.BEEF,& CHICKEN,PINEAPPLE,RED BELL PEPPERS,MUSHROOMS,VIDALIA ONION,CHERRY TOMATOES.I MARINATED MEAT IN A GAL. ZIP LOCK BAG FOR 4TO 5 HOURS.JUST USED STORE BOUGHT TERIAKY SAUCE ADDED GARLIC POWDER,MIX TOGETHER.SKEWER HOW YOU WANT STAGERING MEAT AND VEGGIES.GRILL FOR 30 TO 45 MIN. I HAVE A WEBBER ROUND GRILL. TIME OF COOK VARIES DEPENDING ON WHAT KIND OF GRILL YOU HAVE.GRILL WITH INDIRECT HEAT.ABSOLUTLY AWESOME.A MUST TRY.