Tender Turkey Burgers
"These juicy, tender patties on whole wheat buns make a wholesome, satisfying sandwich," relates field editor Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky. "We especially like to grill them."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- Whole wheat hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 177 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 very lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0.500 starch.
Sep 23, 2010
These are delicious! I used ground up seasoned croutons in place of the bread crumbs, and garlic salt instead of plain salt. I would take these over beef hamburgers anyday!Debbie Mansur
Dec 9, 2007
No comment left