Teddy Bear Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 10 rolls (1-1/4 cups butter)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Raisins (2 for each roll)
- White frosting
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, egg, salt and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. For each bear, shape a 2-in. ball for the body. Add a 1-1/4-in. ball for the head and six 1/2-in. balls for the ears, arms and legs. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Add raisins for eyes, anchoring with a dab of frosting. Add a frosting smile.
- In a small bowl, beat honey butter ingredients until fluffy. Chill; serve with rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 512 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 7, 2013
No comment left
Aug 2, 2010
taste good and fun to make. Don't forget the honey butter!
Aug 9, 2008
We made these for a teddy bear picnic for all my nieces and nephews. After the picnic, all the kids painted pots for their grandma's 80th birthday. The kids loved them.
Oct 16, 2007
No comment left