Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices Havarti cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the first 5 ingredients; grind until mixture becomes a fine powder. Rub over both sides of steak.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Top with cheese; cover and grill for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Top with salsa.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 827 calories, 60g fat (36g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 1083mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 64g protein.
Aug 4, 2013
My Husband isn't a fan of sirloin steak but he really enjoyed this recipe. The seasonings really added a wonderful flavor and the cheese and salsa are a great addition. It's a very easy to prepare and when the steak is on sale - quite economical!