Tangy Turkey Tostadas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 16 tostada shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, mushrooms, pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in beans, salsa, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Add cheese and corn; heat through. Spread about 1/3 cup filling over each tostada shell. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve on tostada shells with toppings.
Nutrition Facts2 tostadas: 356 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 7, 2020
Made this last night family loved it!!! I didn't use mushrooms my daughter is allergic to them. I also made homemade salsa. It was a huge hit!!!
Jun 11, 2018
This was a hit with my family! They were absolutely delicious! I didn’t have the salsa, I scrambled to find an online recipe with the ingredients I had on hand and came across this delicious homemade salsa recipe luckily.
Feb 14, 2016
We love these. I use pinto beans instead of kidney, don't use the mushrooms (personal preference), and often serve them on tortillas instead of tostada shells because I usually have those on hand.
Jan 4, 2016
Very tasty! Will definitely make again. Thank you for sharing.
Nov 3, 2015
So much flavor it's hard to believe it's so healthy!
Oct 5, 2015
Fantastic! Awesome flavor and quick to make. I left the corn out due to family preferences but otherwise made as-is.
Jan 4, 2015
I love this recipe! It's one of my favorites now!
May 27, 2014
Easy to make and it has a great fresh taste
May 22, 2014
Very good recipe...I made it with the mushrooms and beans just as directed. Everyone loved it. Great dinner.
May 4, 2012
Very tasty, lots of good flavors. I omitted the mushrooms, used 1 lb. turkey & used canned corn. First time making tostadas & will be making again!