Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 rolls or buns, split and toasted
- Coleslaw, optional
- Cut the tenderloin in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on toasted rolls or buns, with coleslaw, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 402 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
May 16, 2020
Really good flavor, but I felt like the sauce was a little too thin for sandwiches. It just made the toasted buns soggy.
May 3, 2020
Really good. Maybe a bit too saucy for my taste so I will cut down the sauce next time. I added a little red pepper flakes for some spice.
Apr 27, 2020
Absolutely amazing!!! Pork tenderloin was so moist and juicy. Family told me it was restaurant quality, and we've had a lot of good BBQ, and I must say this recipe is a keeper! Made a larger batch, with more sauce and it turned out great. Paired it with coleslaw and mac and cheese, and had plenty of extras.
Jan 13, 2020
this sounds like a great recipe, but can i just multiply everything by 7? I have a 7ish lb loin and am feeding a family of 6.
Sep 17, 2019
Could I substitute Chicken for the pork? Several family members don't like pork but this recipe sounds delicious and I would love to make it.
Mar 4, 2019
Yum yum. Had a 2 lb port loin
Feb 7, 2018
Good basic recipe but I added a few spices like granulated garlic, onion and a squirt of some really hot BBQ sauce I keep in the refrigerator. I also topped the sandwiches with grilled pineapple instead of cole slaw. They were a hit and I will be keeping this recipe handy!
Apr 5, 2017
Pulled pork sandwiches couldn't get any easier than this and so tasty! The tenderloin was moist and the sauce is delicious. This recipe will be very easy to double or triple and I look forward to making it for friends and family.
Apr 4, 2017
Would you advise...does the nutritional information include the buns? Trying to make sure I calculate my Weight Watchers points correctly. Thank you!
Mar 26, 2017
I doubled the recipe and made it today for a church potluck. No leftovers to bring home, so it seems to have been a very popular dish. More importantly, my husband gave it a thumbs up, so I plan on filing it away as an easy weeknight dinner for our family of three. Simple and tasty, and I love crockpot cooking.