Tangy Potato Salad with Horseradish
Horseradish adds a special “kick” to this mouthwatering salad that Lesley Pew fixes at home in Lynn, Massachusetts for her family and friends. “It’s creamy, crunchy and always popular,” she promises. No one guesses that she lightens it up with low-fat sour cream and fat-free mayo!—Lesley Pew, Lynn, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Red leaf lettuce
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Add celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, vinegar, horseradish, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir into potato mixture. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl.