Tangy Cilantro Lime Confetti Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium sweet orange peppers, chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 container (10-1/2 ounces) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Place dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until creamy and light in color. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 187 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 28, 2019
It was refreshingly delicious! Even better the next day. I sprinkled a little blue cheese on top. Really great!
Aug 27, 2019
Rhall, I haven’t made this salad yet, but I would cook corn-on-the-cob for this salad. It will be sweeter than raw corn. During the winter when fresh corn isn’t available, frozen corn (either cooked or just defrosted) would be fine.
Aug 26, 2019
I loved this salad. I did cook the corn on the cob first and let cool a bit before cutting off the kernels with a knife. I was in a bit of a hurry, and for the dressing just used some Italian dressing I had on hand. But the combination of the veggies, esp. using fresh corn, was superb. I ate from it for about three days and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Aug 19, 2019
I have a question? In the Tangy Cilantro Lime Confetti Salad, do you cook the corn before you put in the salad. It just says use 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed...I'm making this today and hope I can get a response back...