Tangy Beef Turnovers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut and cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets; pinch seams to seal. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring corners to the center and pinch to seal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 turnovers: 634 calories, 35g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1426mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 23, 2020
IGM -- the recipe calls for 3 tubes of crescent rolls you would get 4 turnovers out of 1 tube that will equal 12 turnovers
Jul 18, 2020
I totally do not understand the instructions, it makes a dozen, how do you arrive to the dozen?
Feb 18, 2012
My husband loves these. I made them for a family get together and everyone thought they were great. My sister suggested to save time, just assemble and bake whole in a 9x13 pan instead of assembling the individual portions.