This fresh-tasting salad is the perfect accompaniment to the zippy burritos. It's really quick to toss together.—Kathy Ybarra, Rock Springs, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 to 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- In a large bowl, layer the first five ingredients in order listed. Just before serving, add chips and salad dressing; toss to coat.