Taco Salad Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: Chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 527 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1529mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 9, 2020
I too didn’t have any pepper, so subbed corn inand added the refried beans to the ground beef .. I liked it -quick and tasty.
Aug 8, 2020
It was delicious. I used black beans instead of refried so spreading was not a problem. I've made this several times and it's always a hit.
Jul 11, 2020
I am going to make this one sounds yummy
Jul 11, 2020
added a few chopped serranosand it was perfect
Jun 19, 2020
This was delicious! Perfect amount for four people, so it won't be enough if you have more than four. I made homemade refried black beans and used corn instead of green peppers. If you only have a container of taco seasoning and not the packets, I would say that one taco seasoning packet is about two or three tablespoons. My sole issue was that it was a bit hard to spread the beans over the chips because the chips kept moving around, so I would thin our the refried beans a little and warm them up.
Jun 11, 2020
Love this! My husband and daughter went crazy for it. It’s so quick
May 19, 2020
This is a good, quick meal. I will keep this recipe. The chips got soft but I served extra on the side. I did warm the beans and added a half cup of salsa to make easier spreading. Topped with extra cheese and sour cream.
May 18, 2020
No comment left
May 14, 2020
I made this recipe. I did microwave the retried beans befor adding them to the dish. This was an instant favorite.
May 12, 2020
I agree with Karen. It would be terrific if we could add our own notes before printing.