Taco Pita Pizzas
Friday nights are pizza night at our house. This lighter version of the taco pizza at a place in town is a favorite! —Joanne Wiltz, Santee, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies. Place pitas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons salsa over each pita. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomato and remaining salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 459 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 35g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.