Szechuan Chicken Noodle Toss
"My family loves Chinese food," says Carol Roane, Sarasota, Florida, "so I came up with this quick-and-easy recipe for leftover chicken, pork or beef."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 quarts water
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti; cook for 4 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Drain. Toss with butter; set aside and keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and red pepper flakes in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add stir-fry sauce; heat through. Add onions and spaghetti mixture; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Parkay Light stick margarine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 394 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Aug 13, 2017
Made this tonight. My family loved it and so did I. They all want me to make it tomorrow night. This is a keeper.
May 28, 2015
A quick, easy meal perfect for weeknight dinners! This is definitely a family favorite!
Oct 8, 2007
No comment left