Swiss Mushroom Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter; drain. Arrange half of the cheese slices in the crust. Top with half of the mushroom mixture; repeat layers.
- Place remaining pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 476 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Mar 23, 2020
We had this for dinner with a side salad. It is delicious. DH prepared the mushrooms a few days ahead then assembled the pie just prior to baking. Will make this again. Making individual pies is a good appetizer idea!
May 28, 2019
This recipe could not be any easier. Instead of a pie, made mini pie shells. Perfect appetizers. A must try. I will make this one again. VFE.
Oct 1, 2008
I havee had this recipe for 15 years or more.
Oct 1, 2008
I have had this recipe for years and years. It is delicious. A friend gave me the recipe.
Jan 24, 2006
No comment left