Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream, oil and corn; mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into a greased and floured 5-cup heart shaped baking pan or a 9-in. round pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 328 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 4, 2012
We didn't care for this. We thought it was too bland.
Apr 26, 2011
My 4 little kids liked this recipe especially with honey butter and chili. I love the no sugar and corn in it. Have made it 3 times.
May 1, 2009
Super moist! Good, but not sweet; notice there is no sugar in the recipe. Maybe southern cornbread is not sweet?
Oct 7, 2008
No comment left