Sweet Potato Pork Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 5 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 pounds boneless pork, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 4 to 5 small onions, quartered
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, toss pork with mustard until lightly coated. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; bring to a boil. Scrape bottom of skillet to loosen any browned bits. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Add the onions, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 30 minutes more or until the pork and potatoes are tender. Stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 308 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 16, 2019
Adapted to my pressure cooker (20 minutes pork and broth, 10 minutes with sweet potatoes and onions'could probably do 5-6).very tasty and eady
Apr 21, 2018
I was surprised how good this was!
May 10, 2017
No comment left
Oct 23, 2013
First time i made it as directed, a little to sweet for our taste. This time i used a touch of honey and it was perfect. I love it for the crock pot too!
Mar 7, 2013
No comment left
Oct 9, 2012
I make it at least once a month....easy and very healthy!!
Sep 7, 2012
My husband normally doesn't like pork, but he loved this dish and so did I. It definitely is a keeper.
Dec 26, 2010
Very hearty and satisfying! I will use a little less sugar the next time. The sweet potatoes made it pretty sweet. I used pearl onions instead of small onions quartered. I think they held together better and gave the stew an interesting texture twist.
Dec 11, 2010
Is there nutritional information available for this recipe?
Dec 6, 2010
It was absolutely wonderful, we enjoyed it very much. I did change it a bit and substituted splenda brown sugar for regular brown sugar. My son says he can hardly wait for me to make it again.