Sweet Potato Dutch Baby with Praline Syrup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mashed canned sweet potatoes in syrup
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Place in oven until butter is melted, 4-5 minutes; carefully swirl to coat evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and sweet potatoes until blended. Whisk in flour and salt. Pour into hot skillet. Bake until puffed and sides are golden brown and crisp, 20-25 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup, pecans and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove pancake from oven; serve immediately with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 261 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 15, 2020
I love this recipe. The praline syrup is to die for. My adjustment is using leftover sweet potato and put all the ingredients in the blender.
Oct 26, 2019
The pancake is tasty and easy and the syrup is the perfect topping for it! It's not too sweet on its own so the syrup works well.
Jul 8, 2019
Great recipes and very taste food.