Sweet Pepper Burritos for 2
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add the peppers; saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, cheeses, salt and pepper. Spoon off-center onto each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Feb 16, 2014
I like these so much that I double and freeze them!
Oct 12, 2009
It is a quick and easy recipe to make. We doubled it and wrapped the extra two in foil in the fridge and heated them a few days later. We will definitely make this one again.
Aug 11, 2009
Can these be frozen? If so, before or after baking?