Sweet ‘n’ Sour Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes2 loaves (5 servings each)
- 2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- MEAT LOAF:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six meat loaf ingredients; add 2/3 cup of the reserved sauce. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Pour the remaining sauce over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 290 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Nov 18, 2017
This was tasty, but sort of a pain. It took an hour an a half to cook, and even then it was still kind of a mushy mess. It was also pretty greasy. Not really sure what I did wrong. Maybe it's because I used a "meatloaf mix" of ground meat? I also didn't feel like it tasted like "sweet n' sour", but it was still tasty. I'm not sure I'd try it again though, there are other meat loaf recipes I prefer over this one.
Mar 23, 2012
This is the only meatloaf that I and my children like! Very flavorful :)~
Sep 23, 2010
This is a quick and easy recipe. My husband doesn't like meatloaf with "sweet" tops. He said this was really good. It is a keeper and I will definitely make this again.
Feb 15, 2006
No comment left