Sweet Cornmeal Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, and milk. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir in sugar mixture just until moistened.
- Coat four muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 2, 2014
Wonderful slightly sweet corn bread. Love that it makes just enough for two!
Feb 11, 2014
Excellent and so simple and quick
Feb 19, 2012
A nice little muffin which is quick and easy and which would be easy to tweak the sweetness or the addition of a bit more milk.
Jan 18, 2010
Loved them! Yeah, another receipe for those who cook for two!