Sweet and Sassy Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 6 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 6 onion rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six burgers.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Toast the rolls; spread warm rolls with cranberry sauce and mayonnaise. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Mar 29, 2013
No comment left
Jun 10, 2012
These are wonderful. I printed and added this to my recipe collection... Highly recommended and will share this with my Weight Watcher friends...
May 26, 2012
WOW! This recipe is a true "five stars"---can't wait to make them for our deck get-togethers this summer!
May 25, 2012
Made these for casual dinner guests and they were wonderful. What a nice combination of flavors. I did not however use the onion rolls, just a good bakery bun. I also used whole cranberry sauce because it was what I had on hand. I liked the added texture that it gave. Will make again soon.
May 15, 2012
I left off the bacon because I didn't have it but oh my my my. Excellent recipe can't wait to try it with the bacon. I will be making this again and again.
May 15, 2012
WE don't usually make turkey burgers but my husband and I both agree that this is the best 'burger' ever!!!! We will be making this again!!!
May 15, 2012
These burgers were a big hit with the family. The cranberry and maypnnaise was an excellent combo.
Jan 4, 2012
We love these burgers. I had a lot of fresh cranberries so I put them in a coffee grinder with 1/2 tsp. salt, & 1 tsp water. I put this in a bowl with 1 egg & 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, 1 tsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. sage, 1/8 tsp. pepper, & 1/8 tsp. maple flavoring. I let this sit a few minutes then mixed in the ground turkey. The house smelled wonderful & better yet they tasted great.
Dec 10, 2011
These burgers were a hit with my family. I made them as written except that I had to substitute pork sausage for the turkey as I couldn't find it in the stores. I just used a little Italian seasoning with it. The cranberry flavor in the burger and jelly really adds a nice touch.
Dec 7, 2011
I make these at least once a month and my husband (a red meat man) loves them too! Juicy with excellent flavor!