Surprise Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 12 bread slices, toasted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over six slices bread. Top each with a cheese slice and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 476 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Sep 17, 2013
This is a great crunchy salad! Being from Maryland, I did feel the need to add 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning. Absolutely perfect! Works well as a sandwich and even better scooped up with corn chips, crackers, or pita chips. This would also lend itself well to the addition of other seasonings such as curry.
Jan 12, 2007
No comment left