Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cottage cheese until blended; gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush tops with egg. Combine the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 109 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 10, 2012
I'm surprised at the bad reviews this cookie got! I tried it a few days ago for the first time, mostly out of curiosity. The smell while baking was delicious, the topping amount was fine for me (it does a good layer on each cookie, and I didn't add the walnuts) and they have a really nice light delicate flavour. They are not for someone who likes very rich cookies - but I think they're awesome :)
Mar 22, 2012
Not good at all. I actually feel bad leaving such a bad review. But they didn't taste good nor did they smell good. They only reason I gave it two stars is because I hate to give just one and it sounded different and creative. I read and reread the recipe thinking I did something wrong. But no errors were made. I would not recommend this recipe.
May 10, 2011
Jan 9, 2011
This is my second try with this recipe.I added 1.5 tsp vanilla and an egg to the dough. Then followed as directed.For the topping, I added 1/4 cup brown sugar.Instead of brushing the egg wash on top, I used a fork and dipped the bottom of the cookie in the egg wash and then laid it in the topping mix, pressing slightly. Then I flipped the cookie over and placed on cookie sheet. I baked for the entire 20 minutes. This gave the cookie a very crispy texture. I love this cookie now !
Dec 31, 2010
I followed the recipe as directed without any alterations. I found the dough a little too dry and crumbly. Finished cookie was very delicate but lacked flavor. Next time I will use a little less flour or a little more cottage cheese and a splash of vanilla. Although the topping was nice next time I will add a little brown sugar. As is, this cookie will be nice with coffee in the evening.
Apr 29, 2010
The cookies don't have much flavor. The topping makes enough for at least 3 batches and needs a little more cinnamon for some flavor.
Jun 30, 2008
No comment left