Super Chunky Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 3, 2020
Just six words-----Oh my goodness; worth every calorie!
Apr 1, 2020
I have made this recipe twice and was NOT at all disappointed! One of the type of chocolate chips I'd used on 3/3/2020 was bittersweet chocolate chips (3/4 cup) and omitted the pecans as there are people who have allergies to nuts. I'd chopped the chips; baked 13 as a drop cookie on a greased baking pan and the rest on a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1" baking pan. Pan cookie baked 20 minutes and drop cookies 10 minutes!
Dec 15, 2019
I have made these a few times and every time they don’t disappoint! I’ve made these for birthdays and they go quickly! Sometimes I don’t have all the ingredients but they still come out great.
Dec 7, 2019
We love these. I leave out the toffee and nuts and use chocolate chunks. My son has requested these for his birthday "cake." I'm wondering if anyone has put them in a cake pan or two and cooked them that way.
Aug 7, 2019
Yummy! The only changes I made, and not intentionally but because of what I had available, was mixed light and dark brown sugar and threw in a 1/2 cup M
Jun 10, 2019
Absolutely delicious. I just followed the recipe and made the very best cookie possible. All my friends love them.
Mar 17, 2019
My family loved these cookies! I omitted the pecans because of their tastes but it would have been nice to have for the crunch, although the toffee gave the crunch, too.
Sep 29, 2018
These cookies are amazing. I took dinner to work and my colleagues raved over them. They are sweet, chocolatey, and crispy. These definitely make my go-to cookie list.
Jun 13, 2018
Excellent!!! This recipe has a nice twist with all the extra goodies. The only change I made was adding M
Jun 7, 2018
I made these as written with regular shortening, and omitting the pecans because I didn't have any. They were fantastic, and I think the pecans will make them even better.