Sunflower Wheat Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When the cycle is completed, tun dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 142 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 3, 2013
easy and they turned out great, even without a bread machine!
Aug 14, 2012
I have made this recipe many times. It is my husband's favorite recipe and so easy to make. I don't modify the recipe except don't always put in the sunflower kernels. I make the rolls for hamburgers/sandwiches and get 10-12 out of the recipe.