Summertime Chicken Tacos
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches) or taco shells, warmed
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into thin strips; serve in tortilla or taco shells with desired toppings.
Dec 19, 2018
Miscalculated and wound up marinating for a full 24 hours. Not a problem! Served it on regular taco shells. My family decided this was a "keeper"
Jun 17, 2018
Just made these for dinner tonight exactly as the recipe states. I thought they were good, and would probably make them again.
Aug 21, 2017
Sounds wonderful, about how many limes would I need to make the 1/4 cup? thank you.
May 17, 2017
For having a handful of ingredients, this recipe packs a punch! I loved the flavor combinations! I used a precooked rotisserie chicken in place of the chicken breasts. After shredding the chicken, I broiled it until browned.
Jun 20, 2015
Delicious! And even quicker with some slight changes. Here's what I did differently: Mix marinade in medium size bowl. Cut chicken into very thin strips, about 1/8 of an inch thick. Stir chicken into marinade, cover bowl, and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes. When ready to cook, heat skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, use slotted spoon (to drain off the marinade) to add chicken to the skillet. Spread evenly in skillet and cook without stirring for one minute. Then continue cooking, stirring frequently until cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Cutting the chicken very thin allows the chicken to cook quickly, and absorb more of the marinade throughout each piece. Plus they make nice thin pieces for the tacos.
Jun 4, 2013
No comment left
Jun 2, 2013
This is always a huge hit with my family. I usually pair it with the black bean dip reipe as a side and it makes a wonderful summer lunch or dinner.
May 28, 2013
so easy! and yummy!
Aug 4, 2012
This is by far the best flavored chicken I have ever had. I have very picky eaters in my house and they loved everything about this meal. Thanks so much for sharing this.
May 28, 2012
My husband and I loved this one! A great light alternative to beef tacos!