Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
I live in Orange County and, as you might guess by our county's name, there are plenty of orange trees here. This salad is one of my favorite ways to use this delightful fruit. It makes a nice light supper on a hot day.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- Whisk together first five ingredients.
- For salad, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from heat. If desired, sprinkle with salt.
- Place romaine, fruit and beef in a serving dish. Toss with vinaigrette. If desired, top with walnuts. Serve immediately.