Summer Dessert Pizza
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press dough into a greased 12- to 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix well. Spread over crust. Arrange fruit on top. Brush glaze over fruit. Store in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 176 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 13, 2020
What a delicious recipe! Because it's just the two of us, I baked the crust in two 8-inch pans and divided the topping and glaze. I put one crust, along with half the topping and glaze (which were in separate freezer containers), in the freezer to enjoy at a later date. I spread the remaining crust with the other half of the topping, our sliced homegrown strawberries, and the remainder of the glaze. The pizza was outstanding and just the right size for us!
Jul 7, 2020
This was delicious! I made this for my husband’s birthday and he loved it. I will definitely be making this again.
Jun 15, 2016
Great recipe! Can use warmed jelly in place of glaze to save a little time.
Jun 12, 2016
yum, yummy and yummiest! Much better when the topping sits a bit and softens the cookie as a previous reviewer recommended. I slice portions of the pizza without fruit, and then spoon the cut-up fruit over each serving - no cutting thru the fruit and squashing the topping. Much nicer and easier!
Apr 6, 2015
This was so good. Believe it or or, my husband and I both thought it was better the next day after the cookie became a little softer! I used lite whipped cream and couldn't tell a difference. Next time I may try using reduced fat cream cheese too. Either way, it was delicious.
Sep 4, 2014
These were beautiful and very tasty. I made two for my son's wedding, and one didn't make it to the reception! Great for a Summer occasion, when fresh fruit is available.
Aug 18, 2014
I made this for the 4th of July ( just getting around to my review :+)) I used strawberries & blueberries in the design of the American Flag. BEAUTIFUL!!
Jul 11, 2014
I have to add peaches to anything that calls for fruit. This is simple and delicious.
Jul 6, 2014
I took this to a 4th of July potluck BBQ and it was a huge hit! I arranged the fruit into a pretty design on top before adding the glaze. This is great with all the fruit that is ripe right now!
Jun 21, 2014
Great recipe. It is delicious and you can use whatever fruits your family likes. My kids really like this and you can let them put their own fruit on it.