Sugared Cherry Jewels
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the corn syrup, egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll each ball in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. Press a cherry half in the center.
- Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 3, 2018
Great cookies! Came out just like picture, followed the advice of other reviews and chilled 2 hours and strained and dryed cherries and cut in half before. Taste great.
Nov 25, 2013
This cookie is delicious, but you have to let the dough chill about two hours or they will flatten out when you cook them. Use parchment paper, and let them cool completely before trying to move them. Also, I used maraschino cherries, but even after draining them they stained my cookies and looked like bloody bullet holes. Not attractive! Next time I will use candied cherries, not maraschino cherries.
Dec 24, 2012
Mine came out completely flat and when I tried to remove them from my greased cookie sheet they just buckled into an ugly mess. I ate the crumbs though and it did taste good but I think something is also missing from the recipe.
Dec 19, 2011
Mine came out flat, is there an ingredient missing? They were very tasty though.
Dec 18, 2011
Mine turned out exactly like the picture and made the full five dozen. I sent my sister a variety of cookies and this was her absolute favorite. They were a big hit.
Dec 14, 2011
Mine came out flater than picture, 1 inch roll is all you need, but it doesn't make 5 dozOverall a good cookie
Nov 16, 2010
I made these last year for my cookie trays, and ended up picking most of these out myself. They were delicious!
Dec 5, 2009
I made this for a christmas concert tonight. The plate is clean and had requests for the recipe
Nov 24, 2009
No comment left
Nov 4, 2009
No comment left