Submarine Sandwich Salad
If your family's like mine, they won't be able to resist this salad loaded with meat, produce...even bread! The recipe can be easily doubled, so I often prepare it for potlucks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 to 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1 to 2 hard rolls, cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 ounces each ham, turkey and salami, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, rolls, tomato, onion, cheese, ham, turkey, salami and pepperoni. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Oct 6, 2014
We enjoy this salad so much! Absolutely tastes like a submarine sandwich, or "hoagie" as it's called in this locale! I don't use canola oil so did not have it on hand; I used EVOO with tasty results.
Jan 25, 2009
No comment left