Stuffed Potatoes with Cheese
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash pulp; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook and stir onion in water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, buttermilk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until blended and heated through. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with green onion.
Feb 4, 2018
I liked these a lot! I did change a few things; I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. I saut?ed the onion in butter instead of water. I cut the potatoes lengthwise in half, and after stuffing them, put them back in the oven to brown before topping with the green onions. I will definitely be making these again!
Jul 3, 2014
I love this site thanks so much for your things it change my cooking in a big way